Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Receiving Mutualpoints cheque; Applying the first debit card

Yesterday, I was pleased to receive a 45 pounds cheque from Mutualpoints which I online shopping from. I earned points when I shopping in it, and redeem it a week ago. In the beginning, I thought it was hard to collect over 3000 points to redeem £20. Actually I was wrong, when I booked a monthly payment T-mobile phone on e2save.com, I easily got about 2600 points. Also, I bought Dell computers, registered Coral account and bought something else on the internet. It verified the points after 30 days and I easily reached the redeem requirements. I’ll put the cheque into my bank account tomorrow, thanks Mutualpoints.

If you apply a UK bank account in the first time, you may undergo some blocks. I remembered that when I went to the Edinburgh headquarter branch of Bank of Scotland first time, I was informed to apply the debit card in condition that my saving account, which I opened 20 days ago, should be opened over one month. 3 weeks later, I went there to apply again, and then they informed me the minimum of 6 months condition. Meanwhile, some of my friends had already gotten a debit card, so I wanted to try it again, so went to the branch but got the minimum of 1 year answer, my god, why they changed so frequently. I gave up applying one until I helped a friend to deposit money 2 weeks later. He could not speak English so I helped him to deposit the money in a branch of Bank of Scotland which is near his flat. I felt the service there was good and intent to apply a debit card there. The staff who checked my detail was a young friend lady with lovely smile, she asked me some information about me, like the name of university, time in the UK, and so on. Fortunately, she told me that I was passing the credit system and would get the card after a week when they sent it to my address. Many thanks to her, and I really wanted to give her a kiss, hoho. After that I began to like the bank but still could not understand why there were so many differences between different branches of one same bank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home